Me and my fiance were with First Choice Power for almost 6-7 months and BAM our bill sky rockets.Then we get shut off after making a $300 payment, so we decide to switch to TXU who is our current privider, BUT First Choice Power has a switch hold on our account!

and now a move out!!! not even 10 days after getting disconnected! We told them we would pay today and now they wont accept payment!! until its a full amount!

they are a darn joke!!

I'm 9 months pregnant and still having to live there and they wont allow the switch hold to be removed!DO NOT USE FIRST CHOICE POWER SAVE YOUR MONEY, TIME, AND STRESS LEVEL DOWN!

Had an Experience with First Choice Power?

Comments

Trust me I know how you feel we has a switchhold and i was about 8 months pregnant myself.They told me I had to pay my entire bill just to reinstate service and to get our lights on.

its total horse ***.

dont bother with them.i went to a pay as you go company and much better to me.

Still having a hard time just for a paper to be faxed to ME!!!Im fed up & no one deserve this negligence of a power company.

They aren't customer friendly or business like at all. This must stop now & I will be the one to have things done properly with my attorney.

It's really pathetic on their behalf to have these problems with too many consumers this is a sign of unprofessionalism.Very outraged

I have been trying to get my lights on since dec.19,2011 its now dec.27 & still no lights i have a 12yr,8yr who has seizures ,7yr &im 32wks pregnant & just moved to my residence &because of the previous resident they have a switch hold on my box.I have nothing to do what that person didn't do but we are still suffering.

This is very frustrating&if we go another day i feel ill go into labor im already high risk & these ppl don't care i feel.Many have suggested tlking to my lawyer i feel i might have to if we sit in the dark another day.

Same thin g happened to me I have been with them for 4 hrs and they turned me off for being one day late on the payment plan and demanded all up front they r not here to help and I hate this company now!!

Go to the Public Utilities Commission webpage and file a formal complaint.Do a websearch for the office in your state.

I had a similar situation and the PUC was able to clear everything up for me.

It wasn't an overnight process, but they got results. I not only got my money refunded, and the switch hold canceled; the electric provider was handed a HEFTY fine.

As long as you have proof of what you have paid and all the communications you have had with them they should be able to get you the help you need.They are there to help so go for it.

@marybel, @Jacki, @Amaris As I said below, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Please e-mail your account number and telephone number to me at catherine.carlton@firstchoicepower.com, and we'll try to help you as best we can.

Nope they still wont remove it, they are trying to say we have to pay our old amount and all that *** so we have to pay $1100.00 yes $1100.00, and trust me I know the feeling of no lights we got cut off LAST month and still cant get lights.

So did you ever get the switch hold off im going through the same thing and nopw they want more money but my bill doesnt tell me for what the money is for just says taxes and other stuff that makes no sence.

Hi well wat can I say I'm new to first choice powerr I really thought dis was gonna be a good company but so far I gave my deposit of 70 dollars and dat was on 10/5/2011 they told me dat if I gave the deposit on that day I was gonna get my light conected on Friday. Which was the 10/7/2011 I called back Friday cus they hadn't connected late dat day and some guy still told me dat they were already heading to my house I thought they were professionals but I guess its just b.s now I have 4 kids and they are all babies my youngest is only 2months old and were almost Sunday now. This company left me and my kids with no light for 4 days and I still don't have light don't choose first choice power I mean I even told them I had 4 kids and they still lied and left me with no light mann wat kind of service is dis four days almost five on Monday 10/10/11 is five days and me and my kids with no light seriously!